Well since I’m home full time again I’ve decided there are so many things I need to do but I’m struggling with getting motivated to tackle the tasks I want to. Each night I’m like, yep, tomorrow is it, I’m going to get up outta bed and start the day right and then morning rolls round and I’m like nah, tomorrow is the day, I need my sleep.
So I’ve now decided to let you all in on what I’m planning to do to try and get re motivated and then in say 3 months, tell you what worked and didn’t work for me. I would love to know what works for all you guys and any hints or suggestions would be great. I know there is some great motivated Mama’s out there and I’m friends with quite a few so leave me a comment.
- Planning – I find I work better when I have routine in my life. I also find that getting a schedule put together makes me feel like I’ve achieved something when I can tick off my tasks. I believe I fit more in my day but that may be due to being able to see on paper what I have done. I have a Kikki K planner that I have used previously and loved so am going to get this started again. I decorate mine, as I like making it pretty and when it’s pretty I’m more likely to use it. Now, if you get onto Pinterest it’s a bit crazy what people do but I’m no where near that level, I just add a bit of Washi tape, stickers and use colored pens.
- Start my day early and with a walk – Now this is a 2 birds, one stone deal. I find if I get out of bed early, my whole day runs right. I also like to get out and walk my dog Bonnie first thing as I’m a morning exerciser and I like knowing that it’s done for the day, in case I don’t get a chance to walk her later. If I don’t walk Bonnie, I start to feel very guilty.
- Go to bed when I say I am – I normally hop in bed at a reasonable time but then I play on my phone. YouTube and Pinterest are my weaknesses and I lose a lot of time on there. So I need to make my bed a book only zone. This is also a major reason I can’t get out of bed in the morning.
- Fill in my gratitude journal – I find this a really nice way to wind down for the day. I normally do it in bed and it’s nice to reflect over my day and think about all the good things I have in my life. I used this previously but have fallen out of the habit.
- Drink more water – When I’m in a routine, I drink a lot of water and I find I feel better for it. I get headaches when I don’t drink enough, and it’s just a good thing to do to try and stay healthy.
Now, I don’t want my list to be too long, as knowing myself, I want accomplish all the items on my list and I will lose motivation and do nothing if I don’t accomplish the majority. It’s like I say to myself, well, you didn’t do it all so might as well do nothing. The human brain is a terrible thing sometimes.
So wish my luck and I’ll let you know in 3 months what’s changed (if anything) in my life.